November 4, 2011

The Challenge Ahead... and Fair Warning

The Challenger: Me!




The Challenge: To complete a 3 month indoor bicycle training program starting Monday, November 7, 2011. I have chosen this program. It will not be easy. My goal is to stick to this program as closely as I am able. This is going to be extra challenging for me to maintain this program through the Christmas and holiday season. I should finish just before Super Bowl.


What I will use to train: This is my $99 Zellers special. Not pretty but she will get me through this.


Why? This is a seasons worth of cheap entertainment, with purpose, and I suspect that my experience here will be rich in material for my blog.



Second reason of why: my parents are buying me snow shoes for Christmas (Shhh! Don't tell me!) and I want to be fit enough to be able to use them without the need of a standby Emergency Medial Technician complete with defibrillator. There's a lofty goal. No cardiac arrest!

Fair Warning to all: I will likely complain- even if I am enjoying myself. I try to be all Miss Mary Sunshine but my inner snark is a monstrous beast that could eat Miss Mary for a snack and still eat a truckers lunch afterwards.

Executive Summary- for those of you pressed for time:


  1. I'm going to be spending a lot of quality time with my rusty old bike over the next 3 months.

  2. Ultimate goal- no cardiac arrest. Ever.

  3. If I happen to lose a few pounds while doing this it won't hurt my feelings.

  4. I'll tell you how I am doing. Expect some sass. :)

Wish me luck!

3 comments:

  1. a-I have a very good place for you to try and snowshoe. If you can walk it in the summer you can snow shoe it in the winter. only skidoo out if you go into cardio arrest.
    b-you can do a 3 month training from hell on a bike seat that has no backrest, but you couldn't do "the sugar ban plan"?????
    c-good luck!!! I couldn't do it! (even though i need to) Can't wait to hear the sass!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lana - ok for the record going without sugar for 28 days is a whole lot harder than exercising!

    And I was already planning on tracking through your yard. I would have mentioned it - before you found me going round in circles on your front lawn- as I don't want your husband to mistake the large tracks and loud noises for a bear! I hope he doesn't have Jen tags this winter. ;)

    ReplyDelete